International Armoured Vehicles, Defence IQ’s flagship event for the armoured vehicle community, has confirmed, Lieutenant General Paul Newton, Commander of Force Development and Training for the British Army’s HQ Land Forces will give the UK keynote address at International Armoured Vehicles 2011, this coming February.
Lt Gen Newton is the principal author of Joint Doctrine Publication 3-40, concerning doctrine for UK military security and stabilisation, and has been highly outspoken about the need to reform the way in which training is currently delivered.
He will answer conference participants’ questions on the role of armoured vehicles in future conflicts and the implications for UK forces. The conference agenda features presentations from every element of the Army’s procurement chain and allows unparalleled networking opportunities with top military decision makers. The line up includes:
HQ Land Forces:
- Major General Chris Deverell, Director General, Logistics, Support and Equipment
Joint Capabilities Board:
- Major General Bill Moore, Director, Battlespace Manoeuvre Requirements
- Andrew Fawkes, Deputy Head of Capability – Simulation, JTES (Joint Training Evaluation and Simulation)
Defence Equipment and Support:
- Colonel Ian Blanks, Team Leader, Support Improvement Team, Through Life Support Chain
- Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Jackson, Land Team Leader, Through Life Support Chain
- Merfyn Lloyd, Scientific Advisor to Chief of Land Materiel
- Paul Pointer, Turrets and Weapon Systems Specialists, Combat Tracks Group
- Lieutenant Colonel Harry Fullerton, Commanding Officer, Household Cavalry Regiment
- Lieutenant Colonel Andy Stephens, SO1 Explosive Ordnance, Defence College of Management and Technology
- Jeremy Smith, Head of Future Combat Systems, Cranfield University
This year’s International Armoured Vehicles event, boasting its largest ever contingent of UK speakers with UK military confirmed delegations, also has the involvement of Royal Armoured Corps, HQ Infantry, HQ Director Royal Artillery, the Land Warfare Centre and DSTL.
In addition, IAV2011 will host military delegations from around the world including the Spanish Army, Australian Army, British Army, Swedish Armed Forces, Slovenian Armed Forces, Italian MoD, Norwegian Army, French Army, US Army and many more.
With the world class exhibition of over 120 exhibitors, and up to 3000 visitors expected to attend, International Armoured Vehicles is the only event where industry players and military decision-makers can meet the full spectrum of the armoured vehicle community in 2011.
Visit http://www.internationalarmouredvehicles.com for further details about the conference.
Exhibitions Marketing Manager
10th Annual International Armoured Vehicles Conference
+44 (0) 207 368 9539